This is a common issue when you want to install or start several games (Skyrim, Mafia 3, Planet Coaster, Civilization 6, Age of Mythology, Everspace, playerunknown’s battlegrounds) or programs (Office, Wamp, Xampp, Citra, Battle.net Client, Teamspeak, Visual Studio, Autocad, Dolphin, Razer Synapse).
The problem is often a result of a corrupted or damaged registry entry, it is also common that an update has damaged/corrupted the file. We have seen the issue on Windows 10, 8/8.1 and 7. These are the most likely reasons for the problem:
- It became corrupted or damaged. This is often the result of an update going wrong.
- It was placed in the wrong map.
- Faulty registry entry.
- Uninstalling or installing a program has changed or deleted the file.
Error message that might appear on your screen:
- The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- Download and save it.
- Now either go to the 64 or 32 bit folder depending on your system.
- For 32 bit system you can place it in the C:\Windows\System32 folder.
- If you have a 64 bit system you also place it in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. Then go to the 64 bit map and copy-paste it in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder.
- Check if the issue is gone.